The Family Tax Benefit Australia is a sort of payment which helps the eligible families in order to raise their children. The FTB Australia has 2 parts: Part A and Part B. The citizen of Australia having a dependent child or a secondary student will be eligible to get the Australia Family Tax Benefit. The FTB can be paid either fortnightly or in lump sum by the end of the year. We have also mentioned the ways with which you can Get dss.gov.au Family Tax Benefit. Now in this article, we have provided all the details regarding the benefits which one is eligible to claim and the other necessary details regarding the same.
Family Tax Benefit Australia
The Australian Government has started a program named as the Family Tax Benefit which is given to the eligible citizens or the families to help them with the cost of raising children. The benefits have 2 parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is paid for every child and the Australia Family Tax Benefit Amount which is paid is based on the circumstances of the family. Part B is paid to every family and it gives extra help to single parents and some couple families having the main income. The benefits of the Family Tax are paid either fortnightly or through lump sum by the end of the financial year. The families who are eligible for the FTB may also be eligible for other payments as well as supplements.
One needs to check the Australia Family Tax Benefit Eligibility to know if they could get the payment or not. The individuals having a dependent child or full time secondary student from age 16 to 19 years who is not getting the pension will be eligible to get the payment. The base rate for the payment is $68.46 for each child per fortnight. The maximum rate of the Australia Family Tax Benefit Amount changes as per the age of the individuals. The post below will guide you with the details on the benefits which will be provided to the citizens of Australia.
dss.gov.au Family Tax Benefit
The citizens of Australia are eligible to get the payment of FTB. The Family Tax Benefit Australia is the payment given from Services Australia to the ones having a dependent child and have met the income and residency requirements. One can claim the benefits online or through myGov Account.
|Family Tax Benefit Australia
|Government of Australia
|Family Tax Benefit
|Families having a dependent child
|Part A and Part B
Australia Family Tax Benefit Eligibility
- The below mentioned is the Eligibility for Family Tax Benefit.
- The individual shall have a dependent child or full time secondary student of age from 16 to 19 years and is not getting any pension.
- The individual has been caring for child for at least 35% of time
- One should meet income and residency requirements.
- The FTB Part A and FTB Part B will have different Australia Family Tax Benefit Eligibility criteria.
Get Family Tax Benefit Australia
- One can claim the FTB online through myGov and you must link Centrelink.
- In case you don’t have myGov account and after you’ve created one, you can link services to your account.
- If you can’t claim online, you can call the families line on the Services Australia website.
- Through the above said steps, one can get the benefits online.
Australia Family Tax Benefit Amount
- The base rate for FTB Part A is $68.46 for each child per fortnight.
- The maximum rate for each child per fortnight is $213.36 for child 0 to 12 years.
- $277.48 for child of age 13 to 15 years
- $277.48 for child of age 16 to 19 years who meet the study requirements
- $68.46 for child of age 0 to 19 years in approved care organizations.
FTB Part A Supplement
- The Part A Supplement is the annual rate of FTB Part A and is paid for each FTB Child. The supplement is available after the end of the financial year. The FTB is paid to families with adjusted taxable income of $80,000 or less.
- The payment of this supplement is conditional upon you and your partner who is lodging the tax return.
- The payment rate of FTB Part A is $879.65 for each of the eligible child.
- The amount which will be paid is based on the number of children in care, family income, days Australia Family Tax Benefit Eligibility Part A.
- The age of child shall be 0 to 15 years
- The child who is of age from 16 to 19 years shall meet the necessary study requirements.
- The family shall meet the child test and the residency rules and shall take care of the child for at least 35% of the time.
- One will also get the Health care card and rental assistance.
FTB Part B Supplement
The FTB Part B is the annual payment per family and the supplement is available after the end of income year once the FTB is reconciled. The payment is dependent upon the individual and their partner while lodging the complaint.
- You will be eligible if you are a member of the couple with one main income and are taking care of child of age less than 15 years
- You are a single parent or grandparent and are caring for a dependent child of age under 18 years.
- The child shall meet the study requirements if they are of age from 16 to 18 years.
- You must meet the income test and residency rules.
dss.gov.au Family Tax Benefit Links
|Family Tax Benefit Australia
|Family Tax Benefit
Frequently Asked Questions on Family Tax Benefit Australia
The dss.gov.au Family Tax Benefit is the payment which is given to the families to raise their children.
The two supplements under the Australia Family Tax Benefit are FTB Part A and FTB Part B.
The ones having the child as dependent and are taking care of the child will come under the FTB Eligibility.
The Australia Family Tax Benefit base rate is $68.46.
The details for the Australia Family Tax Benefit can be checked through dss.gov.au.