The IRS Tax Return 2024 has been released by the Internal Revenue Service under the US federal government. All eligible candidates need to file the return for IRS Tax 2024 from 12th January 2024 to 15th October 2024 as per IRS Tax Day 2024. Different requirements apply to the candidate whether they are an adult and/or have children. The kid beneficiary must be younger than 19 years old, while the adult beneficiary must be between the ages of 25 and 65. The candidate can access the Internal Revenue Service’s official website, https://www.irs.gov/, to file the returns of IRS Tax 2024 and check IRS Tax Refund Status 2024. This article gives details about the IRS Tax Date 2024 so keep reading.
IRS Tax Day 2024
|Tax Return 2024
|Internal Revenue Service
|Federal Government of America
|United States of America
|IRS Tax Days
|29th January, 2024 to 15th April, 2024
IRS Tax Dates 2024
|IRS Tax Dates 2024
|January 12th, 2024
|IRS Free File Opens
|January 16th, 2024
|Date of the expected fourth quarter tax payments due in 2023
|January 26th, 2024
|It is the earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day.
|January 29th, 2024
|Filing season start date for individual tax returns.
|April 15th , 2024
|Deadline for submitting tax returns or requesting an extension.
|April 17th, 2024
|Deadline for Maine and Massachusetts.
|October 15th, 2024
|Deadline for extension filers.
Eligibility Criteria for Filing IRS Tax Refund 2024
In order to be eligible for the Internal Revenue Service’s Tax Return 2024, Candidates must meet the following requirements. Based on the beneficiaries, there are two categories for the qualifying requirements.
- Adult Candidates
- Candidates’s 2023 investment income cannot be more than $11,000. By 2024, the sum ought to have increased to $11,600.
- Pensions and unemployment benefits are insufficient; one has to have at least $1 in earned income.
- Candidates who receive disability payments, have separated or divorced from their spouse, are in the clergy or the armed forces, or fall into any of these categories will be subject to different constraints.
- In order to be eligible for filing a Tax Return, candidates must be at least 25 years old but not older than 65 if they do not have any qualifying children.
- At least one spouse must fulfill the age requirements if the Candidates are claiming jointly and are childless.
- Candidates should be the citizens of the United States of America.
- A valid Social Security number is required for beneficiaries.
- Child Beneficiaries
- Candidates may claim birth, adopted, foster, step, grand, sibling, half-sibling, or step-sibling children to file tax returns.
- More than half of the child’s year should be spent in the US with beneficiaries or their spouse.
- The child has to be younger than the parent or spouse by at least 19 years old.
- The kids need to be enrolled in school full-time.
- Children who are chronically impaired do not have any age limits.
IRS Tax Return 2024 : Documents Required
Candidates who are filing the IRS Tax Return 2024 should need the original and 2-3 print copies of documents given below:
- W-2 form
- 1099 form
- Credits and deductions Receipts
- Retirement account statements
- Healthcare and education expense records
- Donation receipts
- Property tax records
- Mortgage interest statements
- Child care and home office expense records
- Travel and meal logs (if self-employed).
How to Check IRS Tax Refund Status 2024
You may keep an Check IRS Tax Refund Status 2024 by following the steps listed in detail below.
- Candidates must go to https://irs.gov/, the official website of the Internal Revenue Service.
- They then need to visit the IRS website’s Tools & Applications area.
- Candidates will then be presented with a “Where’s My Refund?” option, which they must choose in order to go to the following page.
- Then they will get an option to “Check IRS Tax Refund Status 2024” after selecting the previously described option; pick it to be redirected to a separate website.
IRS Tax Dates 2024 Links
FAQs On IRS Tax Day 2024
The days to file IRS Tax 2024 are 12th, 16th, 26th and 29th January 2024, 15th and 17th April 2024 and 15th October 2024.
The official website to file the IRS Tax 2024 is https://irs.gov/.
The two forms which are the main documents to file the return on IRS Tax 2024 are W-2s form and 1099 form.